Your job as a Business Development Manager is to identify and generate sales leads, pitch the Care Direct products and services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts. The main objective of your role is to drive business growth through appointment booking and brand presentations. You will be very results driven with a key focus on achievement of targets which have been set to ensure the business achieves the forecasted projections and growth. Your experience will allow you to hit the ground running and using your contacts list deliver great results quickly.
You will be required to attend shows, seminars, events and complete marketing activities in line with the company strategy on driving growth.
This role with Care Direct requires the following as part of your Job Description:
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients will play a key part within your role. Upselling of new and additional services will be critical for you to achieve your targets.
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports, articles and quotes is a fundamental part of his role and being able to keep managers updated of progress and key market changes
- Follow the latest industry news and developments and brief to the wider business as necessary.
- Build a strong knowledge of competitors products and services.
- Build a strong pipeline and update daily with good, clear notes.
- Providing management with feedback on business trips, events and any marketing communications,
- You will be comfortable presenting the brand culture to existing and new clients.
Key Competencies required for our BDM are:
- Good business sense and commerciality
- A deep understanding of marketing principles
- Natural ability to work effectively across different business division as required to help the sales division grow
- A positive attitude
- Ability to find positivity in challenging situations.
- Negotiation skills
- Plenty of initiative and able to engage people comes naturally to you.
- Tenacious and sales focused. Proactively call prospective customers to engage them into our suite or products.
- Technology and medical devices will be of great interest to you and you’ll have good knowledge of the health and social care sectors.
Based right in the centre of Cardiff, Care Direct has created a suite of products to improve the quality of life of people who need additional support, helping them to stay independent at home and providing peace of mind. Think smart hubs for easy communication, ground-breaking wearables and unobtrusive home sensors that all link to a carer’s smartphone. We’re only a year into our journey but we’ve already raised a six-figure investment to bring our products to market, not to mention having attracted the attention of some big names within the sector and beyond. We’re disrupting a stagnant market and we need forward thinking, ambitious team members to join us.
Working For Us
We have a competitive salary and package to offer based on experience, including flexible working hours, 20 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays) pension, free drinks and snacks and your colleagues will be some of the friendliest and most ambitious team you’ve ever met. We’re located in an area with great transport links, near to the city centre.
British citizens and those authorised to work in the UK are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor candidates.
This is a full-time position; we are not looking to hire on a contract basis. No recruiters please.
If you are interested in this position please contact us today.